Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Looky what came in the mail today!

My dear and very sweet friend Nancy,
sent me some of her new floss colors, 
fresh from the dye pots.
Along with a little note to make me
smile!
She dyed 18 more colors today that
you just have to check out.
Russets, which I LOVE,
more greens and blues.
I see some floss shopping in
my future : )
Thank you so much Nancy
for the wonderful surprise and
your kindness and thoughtfulness.
 Love ya. 
x x x x 
I do have a bit of a surprise for you,
but you'll have to wait till tomorrow.
I'll be revealing my mini sampler
that you saw a sneak of in a few 
previous posts, along with another 
finish.
Yes, I've been busy too :D
x x x x
I also want to show you
a Stitcher's Finish that 
Bonnie sent me a picture of
 the other day.
 
She stitched "A Bee's Blessing"
on 45ct. linen over 2 threads and then  
walnut stained it.    It came out to 
be 3 1/4" w x 2 1/8" h.
It's mounted on a wooden oval disk
backed with gold wool and trimmed
  with chenille.
What a great finishing idea.
Wonderful stitching Bonnie and I love
the staining too.
   Thanks for sharing it with us.
Many smiles,
~Nan  
              

6 comments:

Mouse said...

ohhhh how lovely :0 gorgeous colours and what a pretty finish of a bees blessing too :) love mouse xxxxx

Beehive Needleworks said...

How exciting to receive a lovely surprise in the post...and such lovely colours! I shall eagerly await the new mini-sampler...such a tease.
Beautiful "Bee" finish Bonnie.
Sending smiles your way...
Judy

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Those hand dyed floss colors are awesome. Looking forward to see how you use them.

You are right Bonnie's stitching and finishing of a Bee's Blessing is beautiful--great design, great finish

Unknown said...

The colours look wonderful! Unique A Bee's Blessing gorgeous!!!!!!

moosecraft said...

Beautiful floss colors! Love the Bee's Blessing finish!

Michelle said...

Beautiful x