Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thanksgiving Banner

I just had to show you the banner I purchased from Ivonne Brown of The Crackling Crows
She makes the most amazing banners that she hand stencils and threads with aged ribbon. It arrived and I wasted no time getting it hung. This is in my downstairs hallway and you see it as soon as you enter our home.
I just love it so much that I ordered one to display for Christmas, which reads "DECK THE HALLS". If you get a chance check out her blog. She's just as nice as they come too.

I also wanted to show you the old Ferry Seeds poster that I framed up. I love to take this out and hang it at Thanksgiving. It use to be in a very small oak frame. Somehow the glass broke and I went shopping for a new frame. I love this poster and thought that it deserved something more impressive. Best of all it was half price at Michael's. This hangs by our dinning room table and you can't miss it. It reads "Peter Peter pumpkin eater
Had a wife and could'nt keep her But he succeeded well indeed By planting one of Ferry's Seeds.
Well, back to stitching. I'm working on quite a few things for the Christmas season and I'll post some pics as soon as they're finished.
Happy Stitching,
~Nan

5 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

i love the banner and will head over to check her out. Your framed print is darling and I love the wide moulding.

The Crackling Crows Banners said...

Hello Nan :)
It looks sooo nice how you have the banner displayed :) I see you are having a crow/raven...I love those birds! Love your picture...what a cool idea :)
Thank you for posting the banner on your blog ;)

CindyMae said...

I just LOVE that banner!! Love the framed poster!

Anonymous said...

I love the banner. It looks great the way you have it displayed. I am looking forward to seeing the Christmas one. Bet it will be just beautiful

Aunt Polly's Attic said...

LOVE the banner! And your framed picture is absolutely stunning!