Sunday, September 6, 2009

Finally A Finish

Well, here is my first finish in a while and it's actually something other than cross stitch. That's a first. I really like how it turned out. I used a reproduction coverlet fabric for the pillow base and stitched on some old crochet that I had in my stash. It's filled with seed cotton, which is some pretty cool stuff, if you can find it. The strawberry is filled with crushed walnuts and the whole thing was aged with some homemade stain.
Thanks for taking a peek. As always, Happy Stitching!

Nan

6 comments:

Gayle said...

Love 'em both! What a great idea to use the seed cotton for stuffing!

Robby said...

Love these Nan.....great work. xxxRobby

Susimac said...

Really love both of them, perfect finishes.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I love 'em both!

Nima said...

wow...that's so cute

CindyMae said...

Love them both! Great job!